I’m not entirely sure when my obsession with peanut butter began but it’s safe to say I’m obsessed with the stuff. It’s just too damn good.
At the moment I’m hooked on Pics Peanut Butter which is made using simply peanuts and sea salt (the way it should be done if you ask me!). It comes all the way from New Zealand but don’t worry, you can still get it here in the UK via their website!
So, back to the recipe, these peanut butter cups are so quick and easy to make. They use 3 clean ingredients and are a favourite in my household!
You will need:
1 cup vegan chocolate chips (or 200 grams dark chocolate)
Roughly 1/2 cup peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
4 tablespoons of melted coconut oil (divided)
10 cupcakes cases (I like to use silicone ones but paper ones work just as well)
Optional – Granola for topping
1. Add the chocolate and 2 tbsp of coconut oil to a pan and melt on a low heat until combined.
2. Spoon a little of the chocolate mixture to fill the bottom of each cupcake case
3. Place in the freezer for about 3-5 mins to slightly set
4. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl combine peanut butter and remaining 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
5. Add a small scoop of the PB mix in the centre of each cupcake case and gently flatten with the back of a spoon
6. Scoop more of the melted chocolate mixture to cover the PB mixture. If you’re adding Granola, sprinkle some on top.
7. Return to the freezer for about 15 mins before serving
I’ve found they keep well in the freezer for up to a week but just remember to take them out roughly ½ hour before serving to ensure they’ve thawed out a little.